Leaning Forward To A More Successful Life

Hi! 

My name is Mark Johnson and this is my new BLOG!  I plan to discuss several topic areas over time as follows:

  • How To Get The Wind At Your Back (Financially)
  • Fitness, Hiking and Travel as a lifestyle
  • Giving the Gift of Friendship
  • Architecting Businesses That Are Customer Needs Driven
I will inject interesting thoughts that tie all of these together as we go along, starting with today - I have an overall philosophy my wife and I call "Lean Forward".

By that we mean purposely trying new things, being open to new thoughts, seeking to learn new things, try new foods, meet new and different people, imagine new ways of solving problems, etc. This philosophy has served us very well for a long time, but we think it is even more important as we've entered early retirement at age 56 almost two years ago. We've seen a tendency in people to NOT lean forward and even to pull back as they age. They find a comfortable groove and try hard NOT to leave it. We think that leads to atrophy and stifles growth.

We want to keep learning and growing! We've given ourselves goals to purposely put ourselves in situations that make us uncomfortable in order to ensure we are still Leaning Forward! We hold each other accountable for that.

I encourage you to join us in Leaning Forward to a More Successful Life!

Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Being Wrong

Give the Gift of Listening